- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree (or equivalent experience)
- 7+ years of experience in real-time and optimized C++ application development
- 5+ years of experience working with OpenGL and image processing
- 10+ years in delivering commercial code and applications using Software Development Lifecycle best practices
- Extensive knowledge on efficiently leveraging processing unit resources (GPU, CPU, ISP, DSP, …)
- Extensive knowledge in optimizing C++ code and GPU resources for better performance
- Demonstrating efficiency in Linux environments
- Experience in technical leadership and mentoring a small team of developers
- Knowledge in Automotive Safety Standards: ASIL, ISO-26262
- Experience with MatLab
- Knowledge of version control tools: Git
- Knowledge with CI workflows
- Computer vision knowledge such as image recognition, segmentation, classification, and software frameworks (such as opencv)
- Knowledge with agile development and tools such as JIRA
The Faurecia IRYStec team is composed of software & hardware engineers as well as image processing and AI researchers who work collaboratively with our Technical Advisory Board members. Faurecia IRYStec builds a software only product that is in production in a high-end German car maker since August 2020. Recently we started building FPGA/ASIC solution of our product with Faurecia’s support. Our team aims at providing one new innovative proof of concept per year to be demonstrated in well-known tradeshows such as CES (Consumer Electronics Show) and SID (Society for Information Display) Display Week.
The Senior Software Developer is a key role in our core engineering team working closely with the research team, taking proof of concept designs, and developing scalable, maintainable, and performant commercial software solutions for production. This role reports to the Director of Engineering.
Faurecia IRYStec Inc., a recent acquisition by Faurecia, is a highly innovative technology company, maintaining that startup feel within a big company. The goal and focus are to revolutionize the display viewing experience in automotive displays, addressing the need for enhanced visibility, improved safety, reduced display panel cost, power saving and reduced heat with our leading perceptual display technologies. Our Vision is to improve Display User Experience using Perceptual Image Processing technology. We have a multi-disciplinary team of experts working closely with Academia and Industry. We work globally with 9 Technical Advisory Board members who are professors in well-known universities such as Cambridge, Oxford, McGill, Warwick and Rochester Institute of Technology.
About Faurecia: Faurecia is a French global automotive supplier headquartered in Nanterre, in the western suburbs of Paris. In 2018, it was the 9th largest international automotive parts manufacturer in the world and #1 for vehicle interiors and emission control technology. One in three automobiles is equipped by Faurecia. Faurecia’s revenue was north of 17 billion EUR in 2018.
What you will do:
- Work in the Engineering team to develop new products and algorithms
- Work on optimizing solutions and code to leverage GPU resources for better performance
- Contribute to the team’s daily planning and design
- Establish priorities and estimate deadlines
- Participate in team code reviews to ensure quality and best practice standards
- Keep an eye on the latest technological trends to ensure we innovate as much as we can
- Contribute to daily bidirectional coaching and training
- Decompose complex processes into understandable components
- Flex Vacation
- We implemented a flexible vacation policy a few years ago which means we do not have a fixed number of weeks you can take for vacation. You take as much as you need making sure it does not affect deadlines with your managers approval.
- Generous Health Benefits
- Learning environment
- In-house specialists in different fields that are ready to share their knowledge
- A Technical Advisory Board of world-renowned experts Professors from top universities like Cambridge and Oxford working with us on a regular basis.
- Trainings, conferences, books. We want you to grow with us.
- Diverse environment
- We put a lot of effort in having a diverse workplace: Gender, race, ethnicity.
- You can hear our Founder talk about the technology and diversity here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goIs57t9dv4&t=88s)
- Fun environment. Basically: We just enjoy working together!